Community Preservation Division

The Code Enforcement Division is here to serve the best interests of the community acting under the authority and direction of the West Jordan City ordinances.  Code Enforcement officers work collaboratively with residents and business owners to resolve ordinance violations. We encourage neighbors to talk to one another first and seek a resolution before involving the city or police and formalizing the process. When direct requests do not work or are not possible, submit the Code Enforcement Request form below. Some issues can be resolved easily while others take more time or require formal letters, notices, and a lengthy legal process. Code Enforcement officers are also available to meet with residential and business groups in an effort to increase awareness and understanding of ordinance requirements. For a better understanding of the process, read the 

Code Enforcement Brochure or visit the FAQ page.


Common Code Violations


  • Boats, vehicles, trailers, or campers illegally parked in the front, side yard, or on an unapproved surface.

  • Inoperative vehicles stored on residential property.

  • Overgrown weeds, trash, or debris in open spaces.

  • Building materials, furniture, appliances, or junk stored in the front, side, or rear yards.

  • Home additions constructed without permits.

  • Unpermitted or illegal signs (including banners and pennants).

  • Removal of Graffiti

  • Tracking of Mud into the Public Street

  • Sign violations 

Contact Us
Code Enforcement
8000 S. Redwood Road
1st floor
West Jordan, UT 84088

(excluding all state and federal holidays)

8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Meetings by appointment only.
The noise ordinance is regulated by Salt Lake County Health Department.

In Salt Lake County, the health department works with local law enforcement agencies to enforce the county’s noise regulation.

In general, the noise regulation prohibits loud noise at night between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. The regulation also sets limits for extremely loud noise during daytime hours.

Certain activities and situations are exempt from the noise regulation, such as government-operated snow removal activities and construction work that receives a temporary noise permit from the health department.

To report loud noise from a party, from fireworks outside of designated holidays, loud vehicles, or from another unusual circumstance, contact the West Jordan police, at 801-840-4000 (do NOT call 911 unless it is a life-threatening emergency).

To report a barking dog, contact West Jordan Animal Services, 801-282-3951.

Code Enforcement Request

Before submitting the form below, please do the following:

1. Identify and include the specific complaint or nuisance. What is the single largest issue to correct?
2. Give the exact address of the problem. If no address, the location of property or place (i.e., northwest corner of Redwood Road and 7800 South).
3. Give us the names of anyone you spoke to, the chronology of the problem, and your efforts to solve it.
4. Give us specific descriptions of the complaint.


  • Vehicle license number, type, color, make of vehicle.

  • State if the vehicle is on the street or on private property.

  • Type of debris, car parts, building materials, tires or garbage.

  • Illegal businesses, vendors or vehicle repairs. Information should include the location, what services are being rendered, items being sold, hours of operations, etc.


5. If the complaint relates to a street or public roadway (vehicle parked on street too long, etc.) in West Jordan please submit an email to the police at

Code Enforcement