Passport Application Office
The City of West Jordan offers passport processing services for Adult First Time Applicants, Minor Applicants, and Adult Passport Renewals (accompanied by a first-time applicant, adult or minor).
Know Before You Go
- Each application must be accompanied by a separate check or a money order.
- Please have your applications filled out, in black ink, prior to coming to your appointment. You can download the application.
- Please DO NOT SIGN the application until you meet with an acceptance agent.
The Journey of a Passport Application
View the infographic: The Journey of a Passport Application
To properly process your application, you must bring the following items:
- A check, money order, or certified check made payable to the U.S. Department of State for the application fee (one for each application).
- Cash, check, credit card or debit card for the processing fee due to the City of West Jordan.
- Valid picture ID
- · Current drivers license
- · Aircraft pilot’s license
- · Official military ID card
- · Parent’s identification for a child’s passport (under the age of 16)
- Copy of your ID (front and back).
- Proof of Citizenship
- · Original government-issued birth certificate (hospital issued birth certificates are not accepted)
- · Original Certificate of Naturalization
- · Original Certificate of Citizenship
- · Previous U.S. Passport Book or Card
- · A copy of the front and back of your citizenship document
The City of West Jordan can take your passport photo. There is a cost of $10 each (plus tax), payable to The City of West Jordan.
Photo requirements include the following:
- One passport photo is required with each application
- The photo must have been taken within the last six (6) months
- Pictures must be in color and on a white background
- Pictures must be a 2×2” square
- All applicants (including children) must be present when applying for a passport.
- Children under the age of 16, must be accompanied by both parents. Children 16 and 17 must have one parent present.
- All applicants under 18 need to provide their birth certificate to show parental relationship.
- Social Security numbers must be provided for all passport applicants.
- The Passport Book is used for international travel by air, land and sea.
- The Passport Card is only valid when entering the U.S. by land and sea from Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean and Bermuda. It is NOT valid for international air travel.
- Applications take 7-10 weeks to be processed and Expedited applications can take between 3-5 weeks to be processed.
Once you have submitted your application, check the status of your passport application on the U.S. Department of State website. Please allow five to seven business days for your passport information to be loaded online.