UTILITY SERVICES

Water
Safe, Clean & Dependable Water

The Water Division works to ensure the community's drinking water is clean and meets all established standards. The city buys about 85% of its wholesale treated water from the Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District (water sources include mountain reservoirs, springs, wells, and other sources). The remaining approximately 15% comes from city-owned wells in the southwestern quadrant of the city. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 2.45.45 PM.png
Water Testing

To make sure our water is safe, the Water Department takes more than 100 samples each month. They test to make sure the levels for chlorine and disinfectant byproducts are safe, they look for bacteria and viruses and monitor natural contaminants like lead and copper. If a test indicates a potential problem, additional testing takes place to pinpoint or rule out the problem. We have a specific protocol in place, which includes notifying both the JVWCD and the State Division of Drinking Water to ensure the public is protected. Frequent water sampling and testing ensure the drinking water maintains its integrity and quality. Water quality information is reported each year in the Water Quality Report.

 

Fluoridation

In accordance with the Salt Lake Valley Health Department, JVWCD has been adding fluoride to your drinking water since October 2003. The amount added combines with the naturally occurring fluoride in your water to provide a concentration level of about 0.7 mg/l at your tap. This regulation is the result of a majority vote of Salt Lake County residents. It is intended "to promote public health through the protection and maintenance of dental health" (SLVHD, Reg. #33). Chlorine is also added as required by the State of Utah.  

In the Event of An Emergency

In the event our water system was contaminated, we would use every communication method we have to spread the word to those impacted, including the city website, the West Jordan City Hall Facebook page, email notifications, news media, door-to-door notification of affected residents and the 911 Callback system. If you have not registered your cell phone for emergency phone notifications, please take a minute to do so by visiting our emergency communications page. The City of West Jordan is committed to delivering quality water and service.

 

Utility Rates 

The water fund is funded through direct charges for service rather than tax dollars. Water rate information can be found here or visit the Utilities webpage.

 

Customer service for city utilities is a joint effort of the Public Works and Finance departments.

Water Conservation

Utah is a semi-arid state and our water future is vital to the community. Water conservation saves money on utility bills, requires less water infrastructure, and preserves water resources for the future. Here are some resources to assist in reducing water usage:

Slow the Flow Lawn Watering Guide

Programs and Rebates: replace that old water-wasting toilet, connect your sprinklers into the weather report with a smart controller, or change your landscaping and get money back.

Visit the Conservation Garden Park at Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District: 8215 S. 1300 W. and get ideas for water-wise landscapes.

Contact Us
 
Utility Billing
8000 S. Redwood Road
West Jordan, UT 84088
801-569-5020
 
Hours
Monday-Friday

(excluding all state and federal holidays)

8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
 
Email
 
 
Utility Maintenance
7960 South 4000 West
West Jordan, UT 84088
801-569-5700
 
Hours
Monday-Friday

(excluding all state and federal holidays)

7 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
 
Email
 
After-Hours Emergencies call
801-330-4528  

Mayor and Council Districts      District Map

Mayor Dirk Burton

Councilmember Chris McConnehey (District 1)

Councilmember Melissa Worthen (District 2)

Councilmember Zach Jacob (District 3)

Councilmember David Pack (District 4)

Councilmember Chad Lamb (At Large)

Councilmember Kayleen Whitelock (At Large)

Councilmember Kelvin Green (At Large)

© 2019 by City of West Jordan. Created by M2K

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon