Passport Office 801-569-5033
Passports Currently Available by Appointment Only
Due to COVID-19, the Department of State requires passports to be processed by appointment only.
Please call 801-569-5033 to set up an appointment Tuesdays or Thursdays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. The passport office is located at West Jordan City Hall, 8000 South Redwood Rd. Please enter via the southwest entrance.
Arrive on time, if you arrive late, you will be asked to reschedule.
**We are currently not accepting DS-82, Adult Renewals. You do not need to visit an acceptance facility to mail in an adult renewal. Please follow the instructions on the DS-82 application.
Please Note: Because of public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Department of State has limited U.S. passport operations.
Customers can still apply for a passport however, they should expect significant delays. Passport processing is currently three to four months, as opposed to the regular four to six-week timeframe.
PASSPORT APPLICATION PROCESS
The City of West Jordan offers passport processing services for Adult First Time Applicants, Minor Applicants and Adult Passport Renewals (accompanied by a first-time applicant, adult or minor).
Each application must be accompanied by a separate check or a money order.
Please have your applications filled out, in black ink, prior to coming to your appointment. You can download the application.
Please DO NOT SIGN the application until you meet with an acceptance agent.
To properly process your application, you must bring the following items:
1. A check, money order, or certified check made payable to the U.S. Department of State for the application fee (one for each application).
2. Cash, check, credit card or debit card for the processing fee due to the City of West Jordan.
3. Valid picture ID
· Current drivers icense
· Aircraft pilot’s license
· Official military ID card
· Parent’s identification for a child’s passport (under the age of 16)
4. Copy of your ID (front and back).
5. Proof of Citizenship
· Original government-issued birth certificate (hospital issued birth certificates are not accepted)
· Original Certificate of Naturalization
· Original Certificate of Citizenship
· Previous U.S. Passport Book or Card
· A copy of the front and back of your citizenship document
The City of West Jordan can take your passport photo. There is a cost of $10 each (plus tax), payable to The City of West Jordan.
Photo requirements include the following:
· One passport photo is required with each application
· The photo must have been taken within the last six (6) months
· Pictures must be in color and on a white background
· Pictures must be a 2x2” square
All applicants (including children) must be present when applying for a passport.
Children under the age of 16, must be accompanied by both parents. Children 16 ad 17 must have one parent present.
Social Security numbers must be provided for all passport applicants.
The Passport Book is used for international travel by air, land and sea.
The Passport Card is only valid when entering the U.S. by land and sea from Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean and Bermuda. It is NOT valid for international air travel.
Applications are typically processed in six to eight weeks. Expedited applications take between two to three weeks.
Once you have submitted your application, check the status of your passport application on the U.S. Department of State website. Please allow five to seven business days for your passport information to be loaded online.
There are two separate fees when applying for a U.S. Passport
· The application fee needs to be in the form of a check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State.
· The processing fee is payable to the City of West Jordan – cash, check, credit card or debit card.